[softwarelist] Re: A quiet time?

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 10:51:02 +0100

In article <4d017e724e.Brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Brian Howlett <brian.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <http://pilling.users.netlink.co.uk/ovationpro/upgrade/op277.zip> may be
> a good place to start...

I've already got v2.77, but it doesn't seem to make any difference with the
crashing.

I'm suspecting it might be something to do with either a third-party applet
which is auto-loading (which may account for it being more reliable on some
people's machines) or even some obscure bug in the lazy task swapping code
in RISC OS 5 (which I've mentioned before) but I'm not quite sure how that
would only affect OvPro - unless that's doing a lot of code execution
within wimp polls or something?

--
Paul Vigay                 __\\|//__            Life,
                           (` o-o ')        the Universe

In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.