[softwarelist] Re: A file that makes OvPro type=5 then 'filecore in use'

  • From: "Rob Hemmings (News)" <rhnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 10:31:22 +0100

In article <5046a3d3e4barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Barry E Allen <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <5046a21785rhnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Rob Hemmings (News)
> <rhnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Mine are on a RiscPC.  Interesting, I also have an Iyonix, perhaps I
> > should move !Pluto across to it instead.

> Just out of interest why do you still use the Risc PC over the Iyonix?
> I also have both but only use the Risc PC when I want to scan with my
> SCSI scanner.

I've split the things I do between the two computers so I usually do any
graphics work and most wp/dtp type things on the Iyonix.  I have kept the
RiscPC for e-mails and some other tasks.  This is partly for my own
convenience but more because other members of the family use them as well
and splitting jobs between the computers reduces contention!

I also have a Windows laptop as well - basically I believe in using the
most appropriate tool for the job.