[softwarelist] Re: A Key symbol is really P****** me off

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 21:57:41 +0100

In article <514c7e6709dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Want to select it, put caret at the start of the selection then
> drag along the text, it doesn't, we get a key symbol instead.

I think you are holding down the mouse button too long before
starting the drag. A 'long' hold down is detected by OPro as the
start of a 'move the frame' operation. However, if the frame is a
master frame, then it is locked and cannot be moved and the key
pointer is to remind you of this. If you start the drag to select the
text straight away then the selection occurs.

--
Chris Johnson