[moo-discussions] Re: how about this for a bases?

  • From: "InThaneElf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dataplusbetaware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 16:24:54 -0800

just let me know if the others agree, especially since I have not yet seen any other responses to any of the posts except for yours.

I can expand on this, construct classes, and a number of things, but its up to you others to make it happen programming wise, and/or graphically.

hears a couple of interlocked ideas to add to the thing.
1. once every so many "game days" a random roll is made by the moo program, if the set parameters indicate a yes reaction, then similar functions are run to determine:
1. if any countries go to war.
2. how many countries are involved.
3. which countries
4. the duration of the conflict
5.maybe, to what extent it goes

a routine could be set up so if a character from country x is a player character, and is in country y, and x and y are, or go to war, it could modify a "reaction table" that effects how the players interact with the "local people, like shop owners, police, and that countries military" your character could wind up an outlaw, though your there to do a good deed, and need to depend on your team mates, or if your alone, your own survival skills to keep going.

same thing could be done for random world events, acts of nature, that can effect and spice up the game

sound interesting?

inthane

----- Original Message ----- From: "tyler" <compgeek13@xxxxxxxxx>