[moo-discussions] Re: character attrib questions?

  • From: Adam Campfield <alphawolf156@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dataplusbetaware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 18:18:06 -0700 (PDT)

Atribute modifiers, at least in most RPG games, mean
that, for example, a race with a strength bonus of 3
would have  a strenght higher by 3 points than a
player of another race with the same number of trains
put into it.

Example:
a new player, a human has spent 5 trains on strenght,
and now has a strenght of 20.  A new Orc player, with
their strength bonus of 6, would have a strength of
26, with the also with five trains spent.

The same would, of course be true for atribute
penalties.  To use the above example,, let us say that
the human character has an intelligence of 23, with 8
trains spent.  Our Orc character, having an
intelligence penalty of 1, would, having spent 8
trains on intelligence, have an intelligence of 22.

This is the system found in most RPG games such as
Shadowrun, Dungeons and Dragons, and World of
darkeness.

Adam

http://mail.yahoo.com