[dba] Re: hey

  • From: "kobalt" <ll_kobalt_ll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <databaseaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 23:38:07 -0000

Hi all,

One more time, thanks for such a great work Mark!

I am a fan of ableton's live (pc) but I would like to use VSTis (I mean to jam
with VSTis using my midi-keyboard, not midi sequencing) to record them into
live. It seems that it is impossible to do it at the moment. In Live you can
open fx-synth like FM7 or B4, but then you have to play using your mouse to
click on the VSTi-keyboard... it sucks! I have tried with bidule, but it
doesn't work either (a matter of rewire-host/master or something like
that...)... I know that it is possible to do it on MAC using the
uglyvstinterface or MAX/MSP (which I read that it will be available for PC
soon) but for PC there is still no way!

A guy on the ableton's forum suggest to use a second soundcard! I haven't tried
it yet. But It seems ridiculous to have audio cables that run out of a computer
and then run back into it!

do you know guys a way to do it? and yes I am not interested in reason (it
seams that it doesn't work perfectly in rewire mode with live so...)

If someone could develop a software to do that, I can assure you that all the
LIVE's PC users will ready to pay for it.