[dba] Re: freeware = sequencer

  • From: "Todd Worth" <worth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <databaseaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:04:12 +0800

I guess my needs in particular are fairly much as close to sonar as I can =
get...

The big things would be

* VST&VSTi&DX&DXi&ReWire support
* Strong midi sequencing with full automation of all the above in addition =
to normal MIDI control
* Audio track support for vocals and bouncing/mixing down of vsti tracks

I'm sooo close to an all freeware studio setup....so...very...close....

>>> mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/24/03 11:09am >>>

Hi Todd,

> 2) I have been wondering for some time now if there was a=20
> freeware =3D sequencer - And -not- a tracker (EG Something=20
> along the lines of sonar/cuba=3D se/logic/fruity/orion/etc).=20
> Don't get me wrong I'm OK with trackers but =3D that's not what=20
> I'm after in this case...

Well, there's quite a few, i suppose it depends what your needs are in
terms of MIDI vs Audio, VST support etc.

This is a good place to start :)

http://www.databaseaudio.co.uk/v2/applications.php?category=3D20=20

user : v2
pass : beta1