[dba] Re: SEQ

  • From: "Todd Worth" <worth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <databaseaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 14:26:21 +0800

See hosts like psycle and buzz are a great idea... there's just a few =
problems that make them a no-option, like:

The tracker interface. good for nerds. bad for muso's. fortunately i am =
both so i could deal with it when i had no choice but in the 21st century =
in a piano roll isnt such a big ask...

Audio tracks... we need to be able to make a midi track and then record it =
to an audio track and mix the audio tracks down all in the one app...

I think if trackers like psycle had a piano roll and a better track view , =
and audio track support, theyd be rolling...

but all in all, one cant complain...between those and tings like orion and =
ntrack and fruity, there are cheap options, if not entirely free...

>>> dancenrg@xxxxxxxxxxxx 01/26/03 06:09am >>>

http://dancenrg.iuma.com=20

3) Anyone on the list running a strictly freeware setup?

Me,I'm using opensource psycle along with many freeware Vst and Vsti's.Also=
 using Audacity for editing any free samples I download from the internet.
Though sometimes I use an illegalware version of Fm7 and sound forge for a =
few samples just for the thrill it and because Audacity is still in early =
stages and Fm7 is very handy with may different sounds.

=20

=20