[dba] Recording sound via a web page

  • From: Malcolm Abel <cabel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: databaseaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:14:55 +1000

Hello,

I am writing the web pages for a languages lecturer who is doing some
experiments with words, I'm using Javascript and Flash.

We need to have students record their voice and play it back to compare to the
correct pronounciation.

I'm looking for a way to record from the microphone via a web page, as we're
using the browser to present and score the experiments.

The lab computers are only average specs with temp connections to the web so
something that can be run off the local drive would be best.

I am looking at Wimba, looks cool...

Anything better? Easier? Cheaper?

Thanks.

Mal.

Malcolm Abel
Online Teaching Admin Team
Likes: Web, Multimedia, Macintosh
Works for: TLC, University of New England, Australia
Email: cabel@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: (02) 6773 2680
TLC WebCT helpline: ext. 3396
UNE Online: http://online.une.edu.au/