[dba] Re: Happy user

  • From: Heather Perkins <hperkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <databaseaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 09:02:18 -0800

> Woo! 2 other DBA users apart from me can be bothered to support mark and all
> the hard work & effort he's put into the site,...

I can certainly jump on that bandwagon, and offer my heartfelt thanks to
Mark for creating this great online software resource, and now this small
online community. Your efforts are much appreciated, Mark.

> c'mon ppl where is your community spirit, lets help each other out....

My favorite part of being online has been the quick and ready support of
people on music & sound lists.  It's like having thousands of smart friends
who know music, software and the like.  Makes the world a lot less lonely,
and the technology a lot more accessible.

> apart from Mark i've had exactly ZERO responces to my problems with Windows
> XP & Cubase....

Alas, I am on a Mac and use Digital Performer (and Deck and Peak and
Metasynth and Reason and SoundHack and any number of cool shareware apps I
can thank Mark and DataBase  Audio for) so can't help you there.

Nice to hear from you all.

- HP

PS - Introduction: I'm a sound designer and composer, based in Portland, OR.
I do music and sound for animation, multimedia, theater and dance. (Favorite
recent projects: music for a Flash photo-essay piece about NYC after 9/11
the firing sounds for a set of electronic toy water-pistols and a soundscape
for the opening ceremonies of the 2002 Winter Olympics.)

--
Heather McRae Perkins - Sound Designer / Composer
WaterDog Studio - http://www.waterdogstudio.com

"Give me the strength to change the things I can,
 the grace to accept the things I cannot,
 and a great big bag of money." (kid, age 13)