[darkice] Re: watch darkice errors and restart if necessarily

  • From: Hungerburg <pch13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: darkice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 18:08:20 +0100

Am 2012-01-14 12:16, schrieb JoergSorge:

Mostly once at a Day, I got an Error (from darkice) like "Failed to
write to ring buffer". I mean, that occurs when darkice reconnect due
the disconnect by the IP-Provider.

I remember the message. Here it appeared when the uplink was congested, I suppose. I switched to using edcast-jack then. But it would not mean, that darkice stopped, just that it did omit some signal and send some garbage much later.

So you should follow Drew's advise first.

But my skills in Batch-Scripting are very small.
I'd like to write a script, that:
- start jack
- start meterbridge
- start rotter
- start darkice with first stream
- start darkice with second stream

Your best bet may be to use qjackctl: I use it myself to start jack the server and some jack clients, eg. timemachine, jamin, jackrack. It does so by calling to scripts too, but there might be end-user documentation available. Its patchbay helps tremendously with plumbing :)

If darkice crashes or stalls or otherwise needs a restart, you can do that any time, the jack structure will survive and qjackctl will repair the graph for you, once darkice is up again.

--
peter