[darkice] watch darkice errors and restart if necessarily

  • From: JoergSorge <joergsorge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: darkice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 12:16:18 +0100

Hi,
I'm new to darkice. We will switch from an existing
WinXP/Oddcast/Icecast to a fitPC with LinuxMint/darkice/Icecast in a
little public Radiostation.

I've all setup and it workes good up to one thing:

Mostly once at a Day, I got an Error (from darkice) like "Failed to
write to ring buffer". I mean, that occurs when darkice reconnect due
the disconnect by the IP-Provider.

Now, I try to catch up this Message and reconnect darkice.
But my skills in Batch-Scripting are very small.
I'd like to write a script, that:
- start jack
- start meterbridge
- start rotter
- start darkice with first stream
- start darkice with second stream

I use the scripts from Niles Dettenbach to start and stop darkice.

How can I get the errormessage.
She is not logging in the darcice.logfile, only in the terminal. But to
Day, for me it's very hard to understand 2>&1 and so on.

Can anyone help me?

Regards,
Jörg