[dance-tech] theory query

  • From: Tony Schultz <dance_plan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 15:43:46 -0500

Hi list,
I have been wondering what our friend Marx would say about dance technology. Does the relation between dance and technology mirror the relationship between labor and capital? How are relationships between labor and capital replicated in the relationships between dancer and technology? What are the power dynamics in this work and how are they problematic? Surely I am not the first person to ask these questions. Perhaps someone could direct me to scholarship or postings on the subject.
Tony Schultz