[dance-tech] Re: thematic discussions on contemporary dance, media and technology?

  • From: "Diego S. Maranan" <dmaranan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 18:06:41 +0000

Hi all,

I am a relatively junior member of this list/community, and I have also been
just lurking for the most part. My attention is drawn to Dawn’s observations
around the overabundance of information and avenues for discussion (are we
seeing digital communication and networking technologies being pushed to a
breaking/inflection point?).

I’m also curious to learn more about what “strange places” the the “old gang”
have been to. I myself started off in contemporary dance and in computer
science, and now myself doing a PhD in a psychology department looking at
bodily empathy, and the links between somatics and cognitive science…

Diego
--
Diego S. Maranan {www.diegomaranan.com}
Marie Curie Research Fellow