[dance-tech] Re: the social in social choreography

  • From: Ludmila Pimentel <ludmilapimentel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <danieltercio@xxxxxxxxx>, lista dancetech <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:42:57 -0200

All guys,
I need sometime to read all messages in discussion,but as Mr. Biringer I really
enjoyed the old version of our list of discussion,one thing is the social and
new format dance-tech,and other one is stay  in touch  by email and mantain
discussion between a small group...is more private, more specific,
I had save a lot of old post of us, because they contain so good theorical
discussion for me...
as now with Mr. Tercio and Birringer...
regards,

Ludmila Pimentel

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 23:50:56 +0000
Subject: [dance-tech] Re: the social in social choreography
From: danieltercio@xxxxxxxxx
To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Actually, you are giving me some tips and new ideas about that experience I
supervised. Initially it was a kind of translation into body movements of the
French surrealistic procedure of "assemblage". Which I combined with the
youtube sample of Rainer's movement for a collaborative video-dance project.

But the idea of a parkour looks fine too. Differently of mapping a terrain, one
may draw trails in the landscape to be danced by different people. Like in a
procession (- idea to be further explored...)
In a procession the positions and the status of the performers and the
spectators are partially interchangeable. Don't you think that web tools are
stressing this interchangeability?

I am going to take a look to that issue of PARTICIPATIONS.

Meanwhile, the other project I mentioned - Move out Loud - may be accessed by
http://www.rhiz.eu/artefact-14922-en.html

Best regards

Daniel

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Johannes Birringer
<Johannes.Birringer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

dear all:

this is interesting, Daniel, and after watching your "video chain" - I begin to
see what you meant, did you suggest this as an example of a "parkour in video"
as well as a collaborative/communal video-dance project?

If we now take into account the recent announcement by Dee Reynolds/Matthew
Reason (see below) of the issue of "PARTICIPATIONS', which focusses on possible
new directions in "social screen dance," how do you figure the audience into
such a scenario of parkouring video, say, in the stages of production outdoors
where passers-by could pass/cross-over  into the dance?   and how would an
internet audience participate in such parkour?

regards

Johannes Birringer

 Daniel Tércio schreibt:

In an article that I published in TeDance, I  briefly referred to an experience
of something that could be seen as a social engagement on choreographic chain...

"... in Move out loud (2008), ideated by Filipe Viegas and Brahim Sourny, and
featured at the last edition of Alkantara Festival, in Lisbon. Move out loud
develops within the logic of an enlarged collaboration based on procedures
resembling the building of a surrealist cadavre exquis, using, in this case,
the potential offered by the Internet. The outcome is a chain of human motion
capable of crossing frontiers, languages, religions, and socioeconomic
differences. "

As teacher of "Dance and Multimedia" I usually challenge first year students
into a similar process: each group has to follow the previous clip. If you have
time, take a look at http://www.viddler.com/explore/tercius/videos/2/

Best regards

Daniel Tercio

____[from January 05, 2011]

Special Edition of Participations: Screen Dance Audiences.

We are pleased to announce a new special issue of Participations, the Journal
of Audience and Reception Studies. This special edition includes articles from
a variety of perspectives and methodological approaches discussing how
audiences watch and engage with dance on screen; does screen dance, a form
often articulated in terms of hybridity also promote new, hybrid forms of
spectatorship?

 Edited by Matthew Reason and Dee Reynolds, the special issue includes the
following contents:

Reason, Matthew & Dee Reynolds (Guest Editors - Special Edition):

'Special Issue Introduction'

Bench, Harmony:

'Screendance 2.0: Social Dance-Media'

David, Ann:

'Dancing the diasporic dream?  Embodied desires and the changing audiences for
Bollywood film dance'

Pearlman, Karen:

'If a dancing figure falls in the forest and nobody sees her...'

Reason, Matthew:

'Thinking about Audiences: a dance film-maker's perspective.  An interview with
Alex Reuben'

Wood, Karen begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting:

'An investigation into audiences' televisual experience of Strictly Come
Dancing'

 You can find the special edition here or visit www.participations.org.

--

Dee Reynolds