[dance-tech] Re: post choreographic

  • From: Richard Povall <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 18:45:12 +0000

On 7 Feb 2008, at 00:03, mpgough@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

hello list(s) and johannes,

you suggested that interactive-intermedia performance was 'post
choreographic' and asked for thoughts.

Hello list. It's been ages and ages since I've said anything because life is like that at the moment, but I'm still around lurking away...

However I do have to jump in and say that I've seen far too much interactive-intermedia performance that is indeed post- choreographic...and I wept through most of it. They were not tears of joy or from the movement of my soul. Generally despair comes to mind...

Shaping performance, whether as a choreographer or a composer, is still a required skill, however much the performance relies on technologies or interactivity to make it happen. We could ask Cage about this were he still around...

xxx

Richard Povall
www.auneheadarts.org.uk / www.halfangel.ie