[dance-tech] freedom for BBC Big Screens and Africa in Motion Festival

  • From: "Jeannette Ginslov" <jeannette.ginslov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:18:55 +0200

Dear All,

I am very proud and happy that my screendance work "freedom" made in South
Africa 2008, has been invited by the Africa in Motion Festival to be
screened at the end of October. It will also be screened on the BBC Big
Screens to be broadcast on their UK-wide screens an initiative by the
British Broadcasting Corporation to broadcast content on big outdoor screens
at 19 sites across the UK.

About the work:
Individualisation is a condition of freedom -- "the condition of seeing the
world as it really is." Ivor Chipkin (2007)
"freedom", half interview half dance video, explores five female South
Africans dancers grappling with the notions of freedom, authenticity and
democracy.

It can be seen on my website: http://jeannetteginslov.com
or on my You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqmOHXc1Gb0
Format: DVD PAL, 16:9
Length: 15'00"
Date: 2008

Credits
Director
Jeannette Ginslov
Editor
Jeannette Ginslov
Assistant editor
Julian Thomas
Cinematographer
Adam Bentel
Soundscape
James Webb
Choreography in collaboration with the dancers
Tercia Alexander
Vishanthi Arumugam
Penni Ho Hin
Zoey Lapinsky
Portia Mashego
Assistant on set Eric Dube

Thanking you

Jeannette Ginslov
MSc Media Arts & Imaging - Screendance Dundee University Scotland
MA Choreography Rhodes University South Africa
Artistic Director -  Walking Gusto Productions
Curator - montage | ScreenMoves | MoveStream
http://jeannetteginslov.com
http://www.dance-tech.net/profile/MoveStream
http://www.youtube.com/user/WalkingGusto
http://vimeo.com/jeannetteginslov