[dance-tech] Re: a discussion forum

  • From: "Johannes Birringer" <Johannes.Birringer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 14:55:27 -0000

hello all:

still trying to catch up with the issues that have been proposed, and Sarah
Jane's question of the terms of engagement.

But as far as the emerging propositionsd for social networking go, I want to
ask first of all - what exactly is meant by

>> creating a social network around this topic could possibly take these
>> conversations and interactions to a
> new level.

exactly what level of debate or idea sharing is evoked here?
I suppose i may not be your average blogger or blog reader (i never read blogs
actually), and apart from my work and research collborations, I don't think I
have learnt to enjoy the networked social as much yet.  I tend to think like
Simon, on this matter,
and as far as Simon's implicit question goes, there is no intention whatever on
my part to shut the dance-tech list down.
It my not have been as active in debate and idea-sharing s it used to be, but I
welcome its quiet and persistent presence as a forum where i learn about
others, and can read about workshops and events and new developments in a
manner that is user friendly.  When a subject of controversy or debate comes
up, it will come up and those interested in engagement will do so.

more soon