[dance-tech] TeDance

  • From: Daniel Tércio Ramos Guimarães <dtercio@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:02:27 +0000

Dear all,

I'm pleased to announce the starting of the project Technological Expanded Dance – TeDance - that is being held in Portuguese laboratories and colleges under the support of the Ministery of Science. TeDAnce is drawn within a principal goal: to develop the interaction between the physical world and the virtual world, considering the dance proscenium as a privileged space to achieve that symbiosis. TeDance intends to combine theoretical perspectives in dance studies, biomechanics and computer engineering with choreographic experience and theatrical engagement. The key words are: Motion capture, Character Animation Composition, Augmented Reality and Choreography. All along its duration, the project will promote residences and workshops and, at the end, a symposium, to be held in June 2007, in Lisbon. During the project and for the Symposium i hope we may have the theoretical and practical contributions and suggestions from the dance_tech community.

thanks
Daniel Tercio