[dance-tech] Survey on the context of change for European performance practice

  • From: Amalia Sabiescu <ab7761@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 11:52:55 +0000

Dear colleagues,

As part of the European project RICHES (www.riches-project.eu), led by Coventry
University, we are conducting a survey to understand the changes brought
bydigital technology to dance and performance practice in the European context.
We want to map the methods and factors that have influenced or impacted on the
changes in performance practice, and understand more about the transaction that
takes place between those who make, produce, curate, perform and
view/experience performance practices.

To this end, we are interested in hearing from practitioners, performers,
producers, programmers, audiences and anyone working within the
performance-based cultural industries and who is willing to reflect on how new
technologies have impacted on their experience of performance practice. Your
views are very important for us, and they will help us evaluate the current
state of our performing artspractices within the broad domain of 'intangible
cultural heritage'.

The survey has 13 questions and can take between 7 and 20 minutes to complete,
depending on the time you are eager to spend reflecting on your work and the
performance landscape in answer to each question.

Please access the survey here:
https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/coventry/performance-riches

You can add your responses by Friday, 18 July 2014.

For who would like to know more about the results of our research and of this
survey, contact details are provided within the survey.

Thank you.

Regards,

Amalia Sabiescu, Ph.D.
Senior Research Assistant - RICHES project
School of Art and Design
Coventry University
ICE Building, Parkside
Coventry CV1 5NE