[dance-tech] Summer workshops

  • From: Doug Rosenberg <rosend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rosend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:42:24 -0600

Sorry for any duplicate mailings:

Announcing two summer retreats/workshops:

Hello all,
I am happy to announce Summerwork@The Farm 4, August 4-August 9th, 2008.
Please see attached for description and info. Also see our new website designed
by Andy Dayton at:
www.farmwork.org

Summerwork@The Farm is a fluid, process oriented retreat/workspace that is open
to anyone wishing to participate in a focused, reflective and supportive
creative environment in rural Wisconsin.  It is a non-genre specific working
environment in which there are no hard and fast boundaries, rather, porous
membranes of artistic practice that welcome overlap and stresses mentoring and
collaboration. It is about creating a friendly, supportive community in which
participants have the opportunity to interact with other artists, try out new
ideas, share their work and ideas with others and cook and eat long artful
meals together from an organic garden.  Essentially, it is a retreat that
offers creative time without expectations, within an intentional community of
(usually) 10-12 artists of all disciplines who come from around the states and
internationally as well. Each day begins with a yoga class and the day
progresses very organically from there, with mentoring sessions, movemen
t, sessions, work time, etc. We stress art as practice and life as practice.

Please see our website for more info.  Feel free to contact Douglas Rosenberg
at:
rosend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.dvpg.net

Screendance@The Farm
August 11-16, 2008

With:
Douglas Rosenberg, Li Chiao-Ping and guest artist, Dianne Reid, Australian
video dance maker, teacher and theorist.

Screendance @The Farm is a week-long workshop and retreat in rural Wisconsin
focusing on both practice and theory.  It is intended for professional and/or
advanced practitioners in the field. This is a unique opportunity to combine
research and practice along with discussions about the theory of screendance as
an art form in a working studio set on 5 acres in the beautiful countryside
outside of Madison, Wisconsin.  Participants will be mentored in all areas of
practice including choreography for the camera, production, applied writing and
the practicalities of distribution and exhibition.  This is a wholistic
approach to the form that includes shared collaborative meals from The Farm’s
organic garden and a creative community approach to art-making in general. Each
day will begin with a movement session and end with a community dinner.

The facilities at The Farm include a large dance studio, art studio with
woodshop and video editing work-space.  It is set in a landscape of rolling
hills and farmland with lakes and forests nearby.

The cost for the workshop is $300 per person and includes communal meals.  We
can only accept a maximum of ten participants.  Lodging is your choice:  you
may camp on the property or sleep in the studio where there is plenty of space
and a bathroom and shower.  You are also welcome to stay in town in a nearby
hotel if you should choose to do so.

Please email Douglas Rosenberg at rosend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info.
www.dvpg.net