[dance-tech] Still I Know Who I Am

  • From: maria x <drp01mc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 16:16:08 +0100

Hello

Kjell Petersen asked me to forward this:

Hi
You might be interested in this new performance:

‘Still I Know Who I Am’

Attached is a PDF with details.
Please forward this message to any person or mail-list that might be interested.

Looking forward to see you

Kjell Yngve Petersen
Lecturer
School of Arts
Brunel University
UK

Boxiganga
Performance
Theatre

Present:

‘Still I Know Who I Am’
A visual and auditive Performance Installation

Performances:
October 25-26-27-28, 2006, 9pm at PLEX – Copenhagen’s Music Theatre
PLEX, Kronprinsensgade 7, 1114 København K, Denmark
Ticket Hotline: +45 3332 5556 or billet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.plex-musikteater.dk

As modern people, how do we think ourselves into the world?
Are our actions based on how we perceive who we are in the world?
Do we perform ourselves into a state of self-understanding – into forming an identity?
Does our reality in itself become a performative enactment of our fictive preconceptions of how our lives should unfold? Do we mirror ourselves in our preconceptions, and do we interact with reality through our states of imagination?

As agents, two female and one male performer are placed into media machines of video and audio installations. They meet copies of themselves and engage in a search for intimacy and touch in a fragmented world, composed of yesterday’s relics and dreams of tomorrow.

The scenic space presents itself as a virtual architecture wherein fictive locations emerge as echoes of the actions of the performers. The spectators, too, finds themselves involved within the reflections of the machinery and become part of the search for sensed and ‘humanly real’ presence in our telematic world.

Reality and virtuality intertwine as the labyrinth of events and speech acts unfolds. What is fact and what is fiction? What comes first and what comes last?

------ End of Forwarded Message
--
Maria Chatzichristodoulou [aka maria x] PhD Art & Computational Technologies 15 Rodmell Regent Square London WC1H 8HX http://www.cybertheater.org