[dance-tech] Re: Sensordance, interactive game, webcam dramaturgy #2

  • From: "Ludmila Pimentel" <ludmilapimentel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:01:31 -0300

Hi all,

I am so interested in these questions,
but precisely in two ways,

first,
in theoric writing or discussion sometime we need more definition
about some conceptions,
I am worried about to define what will be "sensordance", "wearable dance",
"computing grafic dance", "interactive dance", "digital dance", "interactive digital dance",
maybe it is a so simple question,
but clarify some basic points always help me, as a teacher, or just writing,
there are some categories... some concepts...
probably each one of this list has a group of "concepts" to contribute...

the second, I am always worried about to see continuosly a lot of technologies possibilities in the stage, a lot of TVs, a lot of screens, the choreographer wants to show your software possibilities, or your webcams, or your sensors possiblities, whatever, but the images, I mean the choreography, does not make any sense... just explorating technologies, I think this is the misurderstanding... I am not speak about linear or no-linear comprehension,

when we were building any performance, ?what we want to construct? ?what image? ?what concept? ?what idea? ?what do you want with it? ?or what is it that you created?

I can contribute more about "interactive digital dance",
and desire more answers of the members,
Ludmila