[dance-tech] Senses Places @ Casa de las Artes, Alanís (Spain) & Odyssey Simulator (SL)

  • From: "isabel valverde" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "isabelv63@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Dance-tech Freelists <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 11:09:36 +0000 (UTC)

Hello list, Greetings to everybody!!!I've been following with some delay the
resuming of discussions in this list which I'm very happy and really want to
engage. Below is the press release to Senses Places mixed reality participatory
performance environment, going on for several years now and still lots to
develop. Have been posting some of earlier instantiation...
Hope to soon write to propose a future gathering at the recent (launch March
edition #0 November 2014) Posthuman Corporealities - Network Festival
Symposium, in Lisbon, Portugal. Please check it out and will need partners,
collaborators, volunteers and more.
Looking so much forward, All comments welcome, ThanksBeijinhosIsabel Valverde
Press ReleaseSenses Places @ Casa de las Artes, Alanís (Spain) & Odyssey
Simulator (SL)In Collaboration with Parad is0, no hay billetes
(LaboratorioSLD)JUNE 8 > 4PM (SLT/GMT-8) / 1AM (Spain/GMT+1)
Odyssey Contemporary Art and Performance Simulator (Second Life)SLURL:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Odyssey/31/147/681Physical Public
Location: Casa de las Artes de Alanís de la Sierra, Paseo de la Alameda del
Parral, 41380 Alanís, Sevilla,
Spainhttp://alaniscasadelasartes.wix.com/casadelasartes#!espacios/cwztLaboratorioSLD:
http://laboratoriosld.blogspot.fr/Senses Places: http://sensesplaces.org/
Credits:Artists/Avatars collaborators for this performanceIsabel Valverde aka
Butler2 Evelyn (Artistic direction, choreographer, performer)Todd Cochrane aka
Toddles Aeon (Technical direction, developer, performer)aka Lizsolo Mathilde
(SL artist, curator of Odyssey Contemporary Art and Performance
Simulator)Barbara Teixeira aka Kikas Babenko (SL artist, animator,
performer)Joana Martins aka fonteyn (software designer, performer)Kae Ishimoto
aka Kaejun (choreographer, performer, JP)Ana Moura aka Anisabel (choreographer,
performer, PT)aka Saveme Oh (SL visual theater artist, vr animator, performer,
NL)Isa Seppi aka Janjii Rugani (choreographer, performer, BR) Paulo Fernandes
aka Genious Bickin (SL designer, performer, PT)Clara Margarida Gomes aka Lux
Nix (video artist, performer, PT)Nick Rothwell (sound interface system,
composer, UK)
SynopsisSenses Places is a mixed reality collective performance and
participatory environment that follows an ongoing process towards a
kinesthetic/somatics embodied mediat(iz)ed communication. We engage in
converging our physical, avatar and video embodiments through live
videostreams, webcam, and biometric interfaces at the Second Life's MUVE. This
performance will integrate one of 15 episodes of a larger 3 day performance
premiere, Parad is0, no hay billetes, from Salud Lopéz (LaboratoriosSLD), in
residency at Casa de las Artes de Alanís de la Sierra, Spain. For this
performance we will engage with the excretory body system (lungs and skin), on
a somatic mediated experience and extrapolating meaning, such as embodied
multiplications, continuing to mingle our different hybrid embodiments towards
an emerging integrated reality.
- What subjective and shared inter-subjective kinesthetic/somatic embodiments
can we generate towards an integrated reality through an intertwining of
physical, avatar, and image, and environment interfacing?- How is this state of
expanded awareness in action a form of meditative mediation, opening and
noticing multiple communicative channels?
Let's allow our bodies to interact intuitively, attaining for
close/intimate/inner/somatic/energetic/kinesthetic connections, bringing into
play our senses and subjective trans-cultural backgrounds. Our common concept
is the experimentation and reflection upon the very shared interfacing
experience and what kind of dance we develop through this mixed reality
approach. The experiment is anchored in the sense of embodying and how we adapt
to different mediations of self, others and environments :D
SCOREThis score proposes performative situations based on improvisational and
integrative Eastern-Western dance approaches. During the performance the
participants/performers choose at least 2 situations to engage with and relate
with others, change them at will, and are invited to play their own animations
or HUDs towards emerging connections from the eclectic/hybrid embodiments.
Although there is no fixed sequence, we propose to start in a circle, getting
further closer to each other, including touch or a senses of one body, and
explode in all directions. Moves and auras related to the energy/excretion :-D
Once we are working with the excretory system, we would like to propose that we
try this time to start working with Breathing - specially breathing
out/exhaling and add sounds coming out of the movement related to the somatic
sensing of release . what about initiating with AOM? Skin - between inner body
and external environment. such as sweat, energy/aura, touch self-othersKidneys
- relation with fluids system.
Score Situations / HUDs associatedA. Rooting / Grounding - floor poses & moves
connecting bodies-environments B. Standing Poses / Empowering - in between
earth-sky - Buddha, Yoga & Power poses C. Flying /Orbiting - levitate, like
birds flocking and micro-macro quantum-astral elements D. In
Between/transitioning- mixing floor, standing, and flying animations.
Technical requirement before starting:Each or all of the interfaces needs to be
activated:1. Webcam interface: Get the HUD(s) and instructions to activate in
Giver at Senses Places @ Odyssey2. VideoStream interface: 3/4 live performers
with LiveStream Procaster 1. Isabel/Butler2, Mixed reality Casa de las Artes
and SL:http://www.livestream.com/beverde2. Isa/Janjii, Brazil:
http://www.livestream.com/sensesplaces3. Liz Solo, NewFoundLand:
http://www.livestream.com/sensesplaces24. SL live recording:
http://www.livestream.com/sensesplaces3C. Biometric interface: Isabel/Butler2
with Processing and PD (heart rate-sound)
A. Rooting / GroundingAvatars: wear HUD Floor and Aura attachments: Phantom,
generator k1 or other.Action: engage in seating, lying and moving on the floor
relating to webcam-avatar and videostream-images interfaces. Staying and
changing poses and movement on the floor, connecting to our inner bodies and
the ground, and in relation to others and environment, taking into account
occasional touch or intertwining amongst performers and/or avatars.
B. Standing Poses / Empowering Avatars: wear HUD Poses + Gestures or choose
pose to play and wear HUD Gestures. Aura attachments: cheery coke, L + R soft
particles or other.Action: embodiment of standing poses, choosing the place in
space and in spatial relationship with others, changing location/pose at least
once. Changing physical pose/movement within pose affects/changes avatar poses
and vices versa.
C. Flying / Orbiting Avatars: wear HUD Flying. Aura attachments: DanceSphere,
Raibow Trails or other.Action: floating and moving in aerial space and in
closer group connection, including the aerial poses, flocking trajectories, and
jumps.
D. In Between / TransitioningAvatars: wear HUD In Between. Aura attachments:
blue shine hands, dovefloat or other.Action: moving between the floor,
standing, and flying. animation. Yielding to and opposing gravity expanding
through space. Experimenting to follow someone. Changing energy flow connecting
to all body parts, others, and environment. Trying to witness/encompass all.
Including Tai Chi, Contact Improvisation, and flying moves and poses.
HAVE FUN!!!