[dance-tech] Research Officer: Border-Crossing Digital Arts and Social Science

  • From: Susan Broadhurst <Susan.Broadhurst@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "athenews@xxxxxxxx" <athenews@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 18:01:59 +0000

INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION

University of London
Research Officer: Border-Crossing Digital Arts and Social Science

London Knowledge Lab

Department of Culture, Communication and Media

Faculty of Children and Learning
Salary will be on the Grade 7 scale in the range £30,424 to £36,298 plus £2,323
London allowance per annum.
The appointment will be full time, on a fixed-term basis from 6th May 2013
until 30th June 2014.
We are seeking a Research Officer to work on an exciting research project on
methodological innovation across the Arts and Social Sciences. The project will
map, exploit and extend methodological synergies between the digital arts and
social sciences with a focus on embodiment in digitally assisted arts
(performance, fashion, design), and social sciences settings.
The post will involve ethnographic fieldwork and the use a variety of methods
including video recording, visual and observation techniques, as well as the
ability to inform and undertake methodological experimentation. The Project is
based at the London Knowledge Lab IOE and is in partnership with the Royal
College of Art, London College of Fashion, University of the Arts, and Brunel
University.
Reference: 7AC-CLCCM-5289
Closing date: 22 April 2013
To apply online please visit http://jobs.ioe.ac.uk or tel 020 7612 6159
We positively encourage applicants from all sections of under-represented
communities

Prof Sue Broadhurst,
School of Arts,
Brunel University,