[dance-tech] Re: Performance Research Seminar at Brunel University, Dec 5, 4pm

  • From: Johannes Birringer <Johannes.Birringer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 18:11:27 +0000

i n v i t a t i o n   ::

CENTER FOR CONTEMPORARY AND DIGITAL PERFORMANCE
Brunel University

PERFORMANCE RESEARCH SEMINAR

Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Gaskell Bldg 048    Drama Studio  Cleveland Rd, Uxbridge UB8 3PH
16:oo

 Jayne Wilton
(Leverhulme Fellow & Brunel School of Engineering and Design Artist in
Residence)

"Drawing Breath"

Investigating transient processes in relation to human experience, Jayne
Wilton's work currently focuses on the poignancy of the human breath, its
fragility and its resilience. Her work often focuses on making visible the
invisible and in highlighting the depths and complexities of our exchange with
our environment. In attempting to capture a trace of the breath, she attempts
to make permanent the fragile and ephemeral.  Jayne will also speak about her
creative collaboration on Will Self's Kafka's Wound online project, and the
relations between virtual and real exhibition spaces.

Jayne Wilton is currently Artist in Residence at the School of Engineering and
Design, Brunel University. She graduated with an MA from The Slade School of
Fine Art in 2010.

Entry: Open to All
Performance   Research Seminar Coordinator: Johannes Birringer
All Research Seminars are co-produced with dance tech live TV and streamed
online as well as archived. In collaboration with
http://www.livestream.com/dancetechttvlive
DAPLab.TV:     <<http://dance-tech.tv/videos/daplabtv>>

Please visit our website for further descriptions of the topics and the
visiting artists.

Prof. Johannes Birringer
Director, Center for Contemporary and Digital Performance
School of Arts
Brunel University
West London
UB8 3PH   UK