[dance-tech] Re: OPEN CALL || DRHA 2015 || Dublin City University

  • From: Susan Broadhurst <Susan.Broadhurst@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "athenews@xxxxxxxx" <athenews@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 11:53:49 +0000

Reminder!

Dealine for Submission - 1st May 2015! - www.drha2015.ie

Dear Colleagues and Delegates,

It is with great pleasure that I would like to invite you to DRHA Dublin 2015 –
Digital World. Digital Responses, hosted by Dublin City University in
partnership with the National Library of Ireland and the Digital Arts and
Humanities Institute, Royal Irish Academy. Our conference takes place 30th
August to 2nd September 2015 in the vibrant 1000-year old Irish capital city of
Dublin. This is an historic moment too for DRHA as it is the first time the
event has been hosted by a university beyond the United Kingdom.

The Digital Research in the Humanities and Arts Conference has a long history
and has adapted and evolved in response to the digital world with which it
engages. The digital humanities and digital arts each additionally contain
their own meta-layers and historical paths. There is no other conference of
this prestige that brings all these ideas, narratives and most critically
people together in such as way as does DRHA.

DCU is privileged to have been awarded the conference for 2015 and we look
forward to welcoming colleagues from all over the world to the unique mix of
academic conference and creative gathering that has become DRHA. As in previous
years, we look forward to an intellectually adventurous event that also allows
delegates time to enjoy each other’s company and the host city.

The University in partnership with the National Library of Ireland will offer
visitors exceptional residential accommodation and sports facilities, beautiful
meeting and workshop rooms, professional standard performance spaces, heritage
venues in central Dublin and an exciting programme of social events. We trust
that delegates and visitors to DRHA Dublin 2015 will have an engaging,
memorable and very special experience.

Táimid ag tnúth le tú a fheiceáil i mBaile Átha Cliath

Christopher Pressler
Director of DCU Library Services and Humanities Archive Research Centre
Convenor of DRHA Dublin 2015

Prof Sue Broadhurst, DRHA Chair,
Director of Research,
Department of Arts and Humanities,