[dance-tech] New Thursday Club: 22 March with IGLOO

  • From: "Maria Chatzichristodoulou [aka maria x]" <drp01mc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:11:06 +0000

*

NEW THURSDAY CLUB on 22 MARCH with IGLOO*

Supported by the Goldsmiths DIGITAL STUDIOS and the Goldsmiths GRADUATE SCHOOL

6pm until 8pm, Seminar Rooms at Ben Pimlott Building (Ground Floor, right), Goldsmiths, University of London, New Cross, SE14 6NW

FREE, ALL ARE WELCOME

*IGLOO
*

/'We believe in growing pieces and exploring ideas of being in other peoples stories, allowing audiences to join the dots, providing libraries of motion for play and provoking imagination so that certain things can be left unsaid. We experiment with different formats & new methods of interaction. Our ideas demand many skills therefore our work is collaborative. We go under the umbrella name of igloo & invite different artists to create with us. igloo are developing ways of blurring the boundaries between spectator & participator both passively & actively viewing 'interactivity' as a new kind of audience engagement./'

International and award winning artists igloo create intermedia artworks, led by Ruth Gibson & Bruno Martelli.

‘In the mid-sixties, Fluxus artists began using the term 'intermedia' to describe work that was ....composed of multiple media. The term highlights the intersection of artistic genres and has gradually emphasized performative work and projects that employ new technologies.’ [Marisa Olson - Rhizome.org]

igloo projects are created with teams of highly skilled practitioners drawn primarily from performance, music, design, architecture, costume, computer science and technology backgrounds. Their work combines film, video, motion capture technology, music and performance with digital technology. The work is developed in a variety of formats and made for distribution across a range of platforms, including gallery installation, internet sites, large and small scale performance and Cd Rom.
Visit www.igloo.org.uk/
--

THE THURSDAY CLUB is an open forum discussion group for anyone interested in the theories and practices of cross-disciplinarity, interactivity, technologies and philosophies of the state-of-the-art in today’s (and tomorrow’s) cultural landscape(s).

For more information check http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/gds/events.php or email maria x at drp01mc@xxxxxxxxxx
To find Goldsmiths check http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/find-us/

--
Maria Chatzichristodoulou [aka maria x] PhD Art and Computational Technologies Goldsmiths Digital Studios www.cybertheater.org