[dance-tech] Re: Motion capture archives

  • From: Martine Époque <epoque.martine@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:23:19 -0500

This is in response to the post from Stephan Jurgens and Tom Calvert.

I don't know what kind of archives motion capture data you are looking for, but I can tell you that you will find some dance sequences in the bank of movements of the LARTech's dance movement editor LIFEanimation. This software was developed from 2001 to last june thank to various grants for government agencies, Hexagram Institute for research/creation in arts and media technologies and Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) funding.
This software and its motion captured modern dance movements (made of excerpts of dance technic and floor choreographies of Martine Epoque) can be freely downloaded from the Gallery, in LARTech's web site at the address www.lartech.uqam.ca. PDF tutorial (in french only at this time) and installation process (read me) can also be freely downloaded.
An advisement: this software runs only on LINUX platform.

Have a nice time and year 2006

Martine EPOQUE and Denis Poulin

Directors

Laboratoire d’applications et de recherches en technochorégraphie

Departement de danse UQAM

CP 8888 Succ. Centre-Ville Montreal Quebec H3C 3P8

Tel 514 987 3000 Poste 7063

Fax 514 987 4797

www.lartech.uqam.ca
<http://www.lartech.uqam.ca/>

www.hexagram.org/

www2.canoe.com/artsetculture/entrevues/surscene/archives/2001/12/20011210-154318.html

www.puq.uquebec.ca/fr/repertoire_fiche.asp?titre=titres&noProduit=G1056
http://thunderboltsfilm.com/PAGES/Ben-Ged-Low.html (Hexagram)

www.uqam.ca

--- Begin Message ---
Title: Liens pour information

JPEG image

GIF image

PNG image

<xml xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office">
 <o:MainFile HRef="../Liens.htm"/>
 <o:File HRef="image001.png"/>
 <o:File HRef="image002.jpg"/>
 <o:File HRef="image003.gif"/>