[dance-tech] Misnomer's call to action.

  • From: jamie jewett <jewett18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 14:09:25 -0800 (PST)

greetings folks -

if this bothers you please delete it - I think it is a good idea -

NYC based Misnomer Dance Theater has entered a competition for $10K to be used
to help create on-line tools for dance companies

more information follows

you can go and vote here:
http://www.ideablob.com/ideas/906-Impact-the-arts-Enable-perform

best
Jamie Jewett
www.lostwax.org

Idea Description
                        Help us
create exciting ways to meaningfully engage with the performing arts
online, support artists and fund their work! As a choreographer with a
technology background, I’m developing free downloadable tools to help
performing artists attract online audiences by offering interactive web
features that are educational and entertaining. This builds a dedicated
online audience who support the artist through theater attendance,
volunteering and donations. These tools also generate new modes of
support, including revenue through web traffic, sponsorship, and
increased performance opportunities. Audiences are enthusiastic about
our initial efforts which were featured in Business Week Magazine!

                        What will you do if you win $10,000 for this idea?
                        Build and distribute three of many new online tools to
enable artists to better support their work:

1) Implement web-streaming capabilities from rehearsals with
integrated instant messaging, allowing audiences to "attend" live
rehearsals online and text the performers questions.

2) Create an online theater where visitors can watch and direct
performances from multiple perspectives, including backstage views and
the performers' point of view via body-mounted cameras.

3) Develop a tool to request and tabulate the geographic location
of artist's online audiences so that theaters in new cities can be
approached with ready-made audience bases.

Learn more at www.misnomer.org/ideablob.html