[dance-tech] Re: March-April Discussion forum on dance/performance and participation

  • From: Johannes Birringer <Johannes.Birringer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 11:25:51 +0000

dear all
passing this on:

Moving Sites, Vicky Hunter (ed), Routledge, 2015
http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415710176​

I would like to draw your attention to a new book by Dr Vicky Hunter of the
University of Chichester. Moving Sites (Routledge) is a wonderfully rich edited
collection exploring site-specific dance performance from a range of practical
and theoretical angles. It draws on perspectives from spatial theory, human
geography, phenomenology and non-representational theory to explore what this
type of dance practice consists of and what it might reveal regarding human
processes of 'being-in-the-world'. I highly recommend this to you and to your
colleagues and students. To order the book follow the link above which will
take you to a discount code.

Regards
Jane Bacon
Professor, Dance and Somatics

[JB schreibt]

dear all
we have almost debated now for a month, as we approach the weekend, and I want
to thank everyone here for responding to the call for a discussion on a
thematic; please feel free to continue or change the course/direction, someone
else could take on the "moderation" for the next 4 weeks, yes?

As to Alexandre's last post -- while I do much appreciate your suggestions
regarding "expanded" and "social" choreography, your references to Bojana
Cveijc and Ana Vujanovic took me by surprise as
I had not really pondered the "relation between choreography and proceduralism".

[...]