[dance-tech] Re: March Discussion

  • From: Ludmila Pimentel <ludmilapimentel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lista dancetech <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 10:03:18 -0300

fantastic work of Bud!!!!

Prof. Dr. Ludmila Pimentel, UFBA, Brazil
Electric Cyberdance Research Group
http://www.dance-tech.net/profile/LudmilaPimentel
http://www.youtube.com/user/ludmilapimentel
http://grupodeciberdanca.blogspot.com/

From: Johannes.Birringer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [dance-tech] Re: March Discussion
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 22:33:02 +0000

dear Bud

amazing image that is on front page -
http://www.bud-hybrid.org/Public/Spectacle.php?ID=5056

I really am moved by it and what you say about your wide-ranging interest in
connecting humans an plants, and ecological interaction!
I then watched the trailer for "Perfection" and am astonished by your
scenography (and how the kinetic sculpture or kite becomes a
parallelogram or odd shaped screenic space (for your graphics). the
scenography is breathtaking, the dancing is not so much 'connected"
to what you seem to be doing with the visual architecture (but that is my own
prejudice against modern dance of course, forgive me)
the volumetric camera? from where do we watch/engage the spectacle
(proscenium stage?), where do you see your audience? Where is the
ecological angle?

warm regards
Johannes

[Bud schreibt]

Last work that I made that tried to include everything in the universe
including the kitchen sink as well as live photons. -
clip/trailer on bottom of page
http://www.bud-hybrid.org/Public/Spectacle.php?ID=5056

next project in preparation is “Leaves of Grass” concerning plant ecology,
interaction, love, society -