[dance-tech] Re: March Discussion

  • From: "Thomas F. DeFrantz" <t.defrantz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 13:17:00 +0000

friends, I'm glad to read about the work being undertaken all over. it's surely
time for a conference where creators share the 'under the hood' of various
dance-tech experiments in presentations or posters/telepresence. so many
interesting projects from the last five years! can we assemble, maybe next
summer during the American Dance Festival, to share some recent approaches to
interface?

after leaving MIT in 2011, I'm still teaching 'performance and technology' at
Duke University; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxwGdMeIgPM
Jaime del Valle will be here with the Metabody project next week;
we could likely host something simple in 2016 that would allow us to share
design ideas.

best, in motion, tommy

Thomas F. DeFrantz
Chair, DUKE African and African American Studies
Professor, DUKE DANCE, Theater Studies
Director, SLIPPAGE:Performance|Culture|Technology
Founding Director, Collegium for African Diaspora Dance