[dance-tech] MOVESTREAM ONLINE SCREENDANCE PROJECT - SUBMISSION

  • From: "Jeannette Ginslov" <jeannette.ginslov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 19:19:35 +0200

Apologies for cross postings!

MOVESTREAM ONLINE SCREENDANCE PROJECT | AUTOPSY

Autopsy: (a.) Personal observation or examination; seeing with one's own eyes;
ocular view.

Antonin Artaud believed that "for every emotion there is a breath and for every
breath there is an emotion. Starting with your breathing and a very personal
moment in your life, choreograph a short movement phrase that best translates
and evokes the emotion at that time.

Choose one basic emotion and stick with that. According to Susana Bloch there
are 6 basic emotions: anger, fear, sadness, happiness, erotic love and
tenderness. Choose one of these and create the solo.

Then shoot a 3min, not longer or shorter, video dance. Criteria: No location.
White wall behind you. No "costume". One spoken sentence or phrase. Use a
variety of different shots - ECU, CU, WS. No tripod. Use one or two shots where
YOU shoot YOURSELF. One improvised shot. Edit in camera ie. just shoot a short
phrase hit pause, then shoot again. Create a storyboard. Plan your shoot. Get
someone to help you. Use simple or natural light. Record the diegetic (found)
sound. No music.

I would like to create a long annotated video for MoveStream out of all the
videos you submit. It forms part of my research: Bending Cinema | emotional and
kinaesthetic amplification of the authentic and digitalised body in online
screendance.

UPLOAD (as many as you wish) onto You Tube Move, entitled: MoveStream autopsy
|........(and the emotion), making it private See options when you upload.

THEN email movestream@xxxxxxxxx the You Tube link, 50 word synopsis, name and
contact details. By doing this you also permit me to use your footage. This is
also part of a larger project that I am looking to get funds for.

Get your entry in by end of September. Any questions, write to me at
movestream@xxxxxxxxx
Good luck! Enjoy.

Jeannette Ginslov
MSc Media Arts & Imaging - Screendance Dundee University Scotland
MA Choreography Rhodes University South Africa
Artistic Director -  Walking Gusto Productions
Curator - montage | ScreenMoves | MoveStream
http://jeannetteginslov.com
http://www.dance-tech.net/profile/MoveStream
http://www.youtube.com/user/WalkingGusto
http://vimeo.com/jeannetteginslov