[dance-tech] MELT -a new performance piece

  • From: jamie jewett <jewett18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jitter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 13:32:33 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings Friends,

I am delighted to announce the performance of MELT my newest work with my dance
company, LOSTWAX.
please see my website for more information and tickets:
www.lostwax.org

MELT -
Project Description

Enter a dynamic world of immersive sound, living hieroglyphs and dripping ice.
In MELT artist Jamie Jewett creates an interactive world dynamically inhabited
by dancers wearing tiny wireless video cameras and infrared sensors that
control spectacular mixing of live video with original footage of glaciers, ice
caves and the cycle of water. In this large-scale installation of hundreds of
pounds of ice, LOSTWAX explores the encounter between Tibetan Buddhist
iconography and hi-tech performance technology.

Performances are as follows:

Yockadot Poetics - Theater Festival
The Durant Center
(Washington DC metro)
Alexandria, VA SEPTEMBER 21st & 22nd

Firstworks Festival at the Pell Chafee Performance Center (Trinity Theater)
Providence, RI
October 26th & 27th

The Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center
Cambridge, MA
February 8th & 9th

The Joyce SoHo
New York, NY
March 7th & 8th

We hope to see you there - please spread the word!

my best
Jamie Jewett
www.lostwax.org