[dance-tech] Lunar Outpost - Summer Workshop at Arizona State University

  • From: John Mitchell <john.mitchell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 16:25:05 -0700

Hello All,
Hilary Harp, Galina Mihaleva, and I along with guest artist Keiko Courdy
are hosting a workshop in the middle of May at Arizona State University.

The workshop is : Lunar Outpost
A Workshop on Wearable Art and Interactive Performance
May 18 – 29, 2009

http://wearableart-interactiveperformance.com

Herberger College Dance and the School of Art at Arizona State University
are offering a two-week workshop on Wearable Art and Interactive
Performance. The workshop will take place on the Tempe Campus of Arizona
State University from May 12 through May 26, 2009.

Workshop leaders from Herberger
College Dance and the School of Art
include:
John D. Mitchell, mediated performance designer,
Galina Mihaleva costume and fashion designer,
Hilary Harp, media artist and sculptor,
joined by a special guest, Keiko Courdy, French artist and director of KI
transdisciplinary performance structure.

the moon by 2024, the theme for this year's workshop is: Lunar Outpost. As
artists how do we respond to extreme environments that are so unlike our
home environment? At the Lunar Outpost people will experience micro gravity,
a different atmospheric propagation of sound, an essentially black-and-white
environment, and a profound sense of loneliness. Workshop participants will
explore emergent electronic technologies for performance and installation
framed by the theme Lunar Outpost. Interactive technologies offer the means
to extend, manipulate and add color to our environments in a new manner.

-----
Best,
jdm

--