[dance-tech] ISEA2015 Vancouver: Call for Participation

  • From: Henry Daniel <hdaniel@xxxxxx>
  • To: Henry Daniel <hdaniel@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 15:20:04 -0700

=========================
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: ISEA2015
=========================

((( ISEA2015 ))) 21st International Symposium on Electronic Art

August 14-18 2015, Vancouver, Canada.
http://ISEA2015.org

Submission types:
=========================

We are delighted to announce the 21st International Symposium on Electronic Art
will be held August 14-18, 2015, in Vancouver, Canada. The ISEA2015 symposium
welcomes submissions for three broad types of activities:

1 - An exciting art program that will run throughout the duration of the
symposium. We welcome submission of artworks, installations and performances
alike. Please see our call for artworks to find out how you can be part of it:
http://isea2015.org/call-for-proposals/call-for-artworks/

2 - A set of workshops and tutorials will occur on Friday the 14th, and
Saturday the 15th of August 2015. See the call for workshops and tutorials for
more details on how to propose your own workshop or tutorial:
http://isea2015.org/call-for-proposals/workshops-tutorials/

3 - The academic symposium will occur from Sunday the 16th to Tuesday the 18th
of August 2015. It includes the following activities for which we solicit
submissions:
  * Long Paper with Oral Presentation
  * Research Notes with Oral Presentation
  * Short Paper with Demonstration or Poster Presentation
  * Round Tables and Square Panels
  * Institutional Presentations

ISEA2015 submissions in the Long paper, Research notes, and Short paper
categories need to be the full length version of the paper (not only the
abstract). Each submission will be thoroughly reviewed by members from our
International Program Committee. Accepted submission will be published in the
ISEA2015 Proceedings (with an ISBN/ISSN). These proceedings will be available
online prior to the symposium.

For more details on how to contribute in any of the above categories, see our
call for papers and panels here:
http://isea2015.org/call-for-proposals/papers-posters-and-panels/

Submissions are to be made through our ISEA2015 EasyChair portal:
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=isea2015

Important dates:
=========================
- 10 August 2014: Early bird submission deadline for artworks

- 15 September 2014: Notification of early artworks acceptance

- 20 December, 2014: Submission deadline for full research or art papers,
research notes, panels, workshops and tutorials

- 20 December 2014: Late submission deadline for artworks

- 15 January 2015: Notification of acceptance for artworks, workshops and
tutorials

- 15 February, 2015: Notifications of acceptance of full research or art
papers,  research notes, and panels

- 21 February, 2015: Submission deadline for short research or art papers with
demonstration or poster presentation, research or art demonstrations,
institutional presentations

- 21 March, 2015: Notifications of acceptance for short research or art papers
with demonstration or poster presentation, research or art demonstrations,
institutional presentations

- 14-18 August, 2015: ISEA2015 Symposium

=========================

Symposium Organizers
======================

Dr. Thecla Schiphorst  (Symposium Director)
School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT)
Faculty of Communication, Arts & Technology (FCAT),
Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada.

Dr. Philippe Pasquier (Symposium Director)
School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT)
Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada.
Kate Armstrong (Artistic Director)
Independent Curator, Director of the Social + Interactive Media (SIM) Centre,
Emily Carr University of Art+Design,
Vancouver, Canada.

Malcolm Levy (Artistic Director)
Founder and Director of the New Forms Festival
Vancouver, Canada.

ISEA INTERNATIONAL
The series of ISEA symposia is coordinated by ISEA International. Founded in
the Netherlands in 1990, ISEA International (formerly Inter-Society for the
Electronic Arts) is an international non-profit organization fostering
interdisciplinary academic discourse and exchange among culturally diverse
organizations and individuals working with art, science and technology. ISEA
International Headquarters is supported by the University of Brighton (UK).