[dance-tech] Fw: Reais Jogos Virtuais Follow Up / Nov. 29

  • From: isabel valverde <isabelv63@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: divisaocentral@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 19:32:05 -0800 (PST)

Please forgive for crossposting!
Event: participatory hybrid environment for
  visiting avatars andphysical guests
Date: November 29, 2008
SL Location: Kowhai Island / Second Life
Physical Location: Rua do Carrião, 5 - 3 dto,
1150-093 Lisboa (Metro Avenida, up R. do Telhal) Google Map
Times: das 23.30 às 01.30 Horas / Lisboa (WET)
     from 3.30 to 5.30 PM  / Second Life (PST)
Organizers: Isabel Valverde / Todd Cochrane

After the hybrid performance environment at LxFactory, (Lisbon,Portugal) and
Kowhai Island (Wellington Institute of Technology in SecondLife), the project
continues in its virtual replica and, until the end of November, as a
participatory virtual enviroment for avatars. We are uploading mocap animations
produced for the project. They will be available by touching the dance ball in
the room.

We would like to gather enough avatars in order to perceive how the movements
and embodiments are performed by the avatars in interaction.

Yes, it's about embodying other bodies and subjectivities through our avatars,
as much as we do everyday without noticing. Sharing an embodied subjectivity
that intervienes in the corporeality matrix of Life in general, through what
one brings in or consumes.

Furthermore, but no less important, we want to collapse the distance between
supposed physical and virtual separated realities. Make the two modes closer
and mutualy affecting.

We want to propose some animations, like embodied modes or states of beeing.
THeir are to be shared amongst the avatars in presence and challenge them to
experience these along with choosing and playing with their own location,
orientation in space moves/gestures/chat. Relating through the shared/own
movements and states with others avatars as well as with the people screened in
the room, streamed live off its physical location.

Towards embodied inter-personal experiences that challenge the common modes of
communicating and socializing towards an effective expansion of creative
practice of awareness in and as action, instead of substituting and sublimating
our dreams in these environments.

Look very forward to move with you there,
Most regards,

Isabel C. Valverde
reaisjogosvirtuais
in collaboration with:
MovLab / Universidade Lusófona das Humanidades e das Tecnologias, Lisboa,
Portugal
Wellington Institute of Technology, Creative Technologies, New Zeeland
Support:
Direcção Geral das ArtesDuplacena/Festival Temps D'Images

Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia
Institute for Humane Studies and Intelligent Sciences
Visualization and Intelligent Multimodal Interfaces Group/INESC-ID, PT
Fundação para a Computação Científica Nacional
and others