[dance-tech] Elements Digital Performance

  • From: "Nadja Masura" <nadjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:02:02 -0500

See "Elements", an interdisciplinary digital media performance sponsored by the
Dance Department 8pm Feb. 3 & 4th (free admission) in the Dance Theatre of
Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center or on the Access Grid.

URL = https://agvs.chpc.utah.edu:8000/Venues/default
Venue = Theater
Enter the venue with "Talk" muted (possibly with video transmission off).

This new work was created through collaboration between artists and scholars in
Art, Dance, Music, and Theatre utilizing teleconferencing, motion triggering,
animation, and video projection to stimulate creative conversations between
movement, words, sounds, and visual images. "Elements" represents the Digital
Performance Group's cumulative exploration of technology as a connection
between each other and our environment, and expresses elemental interpretations
as diverse as the breath of life, personal relationships to the land, our
current fiery political climate, and the fluid currents of change.

For more information see http://performancegroupmd.tripod.com/blog/ or email
pdj@xxxxxxx or nadjam@xxxxxxxxxxxx