[dance-tech] Re: Dear List, I am looking for recent information on the dance and tech community

  • From: Josephine Dorado <josephine@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isabelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 17:24:06 -0500

Hi, Isabelle --
You may want to also posit these queries on the very active dance- tech social network: http://www.dance-tech.net/ There are quite a few discussion threads, profiles, images and videos posted there - and you can post your own as well.
You'll probably find it to be helpful.
cheers,
~Josephine

On Mar 6, 2008, at 5:13 PM, Isabelle Choinière wrote:

Dear Johannes, Scott, Yacov and list,

Here is Isabelle Choinière speaking : ) I was out of the list for quite a while but will be back and more active with my new projet getting out soon : )

I am working on a paper and I would need to identify the main actors in dance and techno. Of course there is you guys, Troika ranch...But I would like to have your advice and information from you because, of course, there are people out there that I do not know about.

I am looking to find those informations:
- what are the main universities and program that are studying dance and techno ? -what are now the main festival that produce them and show their work ? - What would be the research center that study dance and techno ? main center of production that produce their work ? - would you know any data base that is accessible by internet that I could reseach on ? center of documentation ?

I am looking for videos, but also images, and text (on their artistic process, cultural critic of their work) I am going to do three categories that will be link to philosophical approach (people that are defining themselves as part of the dance community. Like Stellarc is not doing that ) :
- the mcLuhan approach  /dualist (obsolete body, augmented body)
- the Deleuze approach (more a network preoccupation, aften there is a distanciation relation inbetween the production of media and the body)
- The interconnectivity approach (from the philosophy oriental)

Let me know who has some of the information I am looking for. I would be very greatfull. And please, you guys, give me some information on your work (web site, texts, cultural critics, videos, name of your univesities and program, etc)

Take care and thank's by advance
isabelle

--
Isabelle Choinière