[dance-tech] Dance and Spectacle conference

  • From: "Johannes Birringer" <Johannes.Birringer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 19:52:08 +0100

a n n o u n c e m e n t    ::

We would like to draw your attention to the Dance and Spectacle conference,
which will take place at the University of Surrey, Guildford and The Place
Theatre, London, 8-11 July 2010, and will bring together a rich mix of
international scholars and practitioners across the fields of dance, theatre
and performance studies. The event will include a keynote lecture by Dr Kevin
Finan, director of Motionhouse dance company; a vertical dance performance,
Descent of the Angel, on Guildford cathedral by choreographer and climber Kate
Lawrence; an outdoor installation, Cascade, at the Electric Theatre, Guildford
by Motionhouse Dance Company; and a day at The Place Theatre, London as part of
its 40th anniversary celebrations.

Please note that given the influx of recent enquiries, we have decided to
extend the 'early bird' registration and campus accommodation deadline for the
Dance and Spectacle conference until 15th May 2010.

Please see the following links for the most up-to-date conference schedule and
booking form:

http://www2.surrey.ac.uk/dft/news/events/2010/dance_spectacle.htm

http://www.sdhs.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=149

For any further enquiries, please contact: danceandspectacle@xxxxxxxxxxxx