[dance-tech] DFA News

  • From: dfa user <brighid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 13:24:39 -0400 (EDT)

Having trouble reading this email? View it on your browser.

Dance Film Association

August 3, 2011

Call for Entries – Dance on Camera Festival 2012

Main Content Inline Small

Deadline: October 1, 2011

Dance Films Association (DFA) proudly announces its call for entries for its 40th annual, internationally touring Dance on Camera Festival.

Dance on Camera Festival 2012, co-produced by DFA and The Film Society of Lincoln Center, will present 10 programs January 27-31, with 4 shows daily, at the Walter Reade Theatre, Lincoln Center Plaza, New York City.

Entry fee is free to DFA members; $30 for non-members. We accept dance videos of all types and lengths. We welcome screen adaptations of stage choreographies, narratives, documentaries, abstract and experimental shorts as well as performances videos.

Complete Entry Form is available on the DFA Website. As indicated in the entry form, we ask that entrants upload their entry, include in the entry form a link to their full video (password protected if you wish) or a sample if you are submitting a work longer than 20minutes. We hope to save all the entrants some time and money by digitizing the entry process.

For more information, contact Deirdre Towers, Festival Curator. Thank you for your participation.

Dance on Camera Journal: Final Article Now Available

For non-members, the final article of the May/June 2011 Dance on Camera Journal is now available! As we prepare the July/August 2011 edition, we urge you to become a member so that you may read the entire journal upon its release. And thank you to all our contributors for these wonderful summer reads!