[dance-tech] DANCING WITH THE INVISIBLE - one day body movement workshop

  • From: Johannes Birringer <Johannes.Birringer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 18:05:57 +0100

 w o r k s h o p  a n n o u n c e m e n t

if you click REPLY to this email, you will be sending an email to over 2500
subscribers. Please do so only if you wish to respond to everyone.

A day-long intensive exploration into the very heart of movement itself - that
invisible space inside of us behind the flesh, muscles and bones; that space
before physical movement begins. This workshop looks to access that space. We
will explore gentle attempts at moving and breathing with it - and through the
course of the workshop discover ways of articulating it through our bodies.

This is an investigation into the most elemental force driving our physical
movement - Ki, the invisible energy that lives inside. What happens when we
access it, play with it, expand and contain it - how does it become a starting
point for dancing with a body we perhaps only suspect we had?

Come and explore in a workshop led by Macarena Ortuzar and improvised music by
Chris Dowding.

About the teacher:
Macarena is a solo dancer and experienced workshop leader from Chile, currently
based in the Oxfordshire countryside. Her own performance work and
investigations into dance are driven by her experience of living between places
– in particular, between New York and the Body Weather Farm in Japan. Her dance
is strongly influenced by her time spent as part of the Tokason Butoh troupe in
Japan, and with Min Tanaka (creator of Body Weather).

Dates : Saturday 26th Oct 2013
Times : 11-4pm
Workshop fee : £28 / £25 Early Bird Booking(till 12th Oct) and Concession

Studio : Eastbourne House Arts
at the London Buddhist Arts Centre
Bullards Place, London, E2 OPT
Nearest tube: Bethnal Green, 7 min walk

Reservations: Please send an e-mail to Mirei
mi.workshop.ldn@xxxxxxxxx

http://www.mireiyazawa.com/macarena/Invisible.html