[dance-tech] CFP - Forthcoming DRHA 2013 Conference - University of Winchester 21st-24th July

  • From: Franziska Schroeder <f.schroeder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Franziska Schroeder <f.schroeder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 11:53:47 +0100

Please see below for the 2013 DRHA Call:

Apologies for Cross Posting

CALL FOR PAPERS AND PERFORMANCES

Forthcoming DRHA 2013 Conference:

University of Winchester

DRHA 2013: Digital Resources for the Humanities and Arts

Reconceptualising Digital Creativity; Re-mapping Behaviour,

Engagement and the way we Archive in the 21st Century;

Date: Sunday 21st July - Wednesday 24th July 2013.

The theme of this conference will focus on the need to re-conceptualize the
ways in which we engage with digital technology in particular regard to the
speed with which we are exposed to new technologies. As societies around the
world face fundamental ecological, demographic and economic changes, we are
forced to re-evaluate our relationship with natural and digital resources.
Also, as the next generation of digital natives start to design new interactive
futures, the old paradigms of knowledge exchange, and social interaction are
making way for socialized gaming and crowd sourcing. The focus for this
conference will be to re-imagining new and contemporary ways for designing
digital engagement, looking at possible events and social practices that lay
just around the corner. Interdisciplinary processes are assumed strategies in
this conference so that we can focus on how we can, using contemporary
technology, map the emerging digital and social landscape

  *   Assess and engagement
  *   Managing the shift demographically from passivity to interactivity
  *   Digital Architectonics, designing the future
  *   Generating subjective and objective understanding through a performance
paradigm
  *    Digital mobility; imaging, GPS and mobile technologies
  *   Somatics; mapping interior spaces
  *   Open sources and social mediation
  *   Digital mapping of new theories and territories
  *   Holography and communication
  *   Blurring the boundaries between performances inside and outside
  *   Mapping liminal and liminoid structures in new digital rituals
  *   Access to digital archives of the preservation local and global knowledge
  *   Interdisciplinarity, interactivity and performance
  *   Using digital resources in collaborative creative work, teaching and
learning and scholarship
  *   Dance and interactive technologies
  *   Mapping new model of business with reference to sustainability
  *   Virtual worlds, virtual robots and the gaming industry

*       There will be a selection of papers from the conference, which will be
published in an issue of the peer reviewed journal BST: Body, Space &
Technology this year.

Fo  For over 10 years Digital Resources in the Humanities and Arts (DRHA)
continues to be a key gathering for all those are influenced by the
digitization of cultural activity, recourses and heritage in the UK. This
includes: Scholars, teachers, artists, publishers, librarians, curators or
archivists who all wish to extend and develop access and preservation regarding
digitized information rendered from contemporary culture and scholarship; the
information scientist seeking to apply new scientific and technical
developments to the creation, exploitation and management of digital resources.

     Keynote speakers will include.

  1.  Janet H. Murray Professor -Graduate Program in Digital Media, School of
literature, Communication and Culture, Georgia Institute of Technology
  2.   Johnny (Sue) Golding is the BIAD Professor of Philosophy & Fine Art and
Director of the Centre for Fine Art Research (CFAR), The School of Art,
Birmingham City
  3.  Robert Pratten co-founder and Managing Director at Transmedia Storyteller
Ltd
  4.  Dr Hugh Denard - Assistant Professor in Digital Arts and Humanities,
Trinity College Dublin

     We invite original papers, panels, installations, performances, workshop
sessions and other events that address the conference theme, with particular
attention to the theme of 'Re-mapping Behaviour, Engagement and the way we
Archive'. We encourage proposals with innovative and non-traditional session
formats.

     Short presentations, for example work-in-progress, are invited for poster
presentations. Anyone wishing to submit a performance or installation should
visit the conference Website. Details will be posted soon on the conference
website
www.winchester.ac.uk/DHRA<http://www.winchester.ac.uk/DHRA<http://www.winchester.ac.uk/DHRA%3Chttp://www.winchester.ac.uk/DHRA>>

For information about the spaces and technical equipment and support available,
please check the website for details. All the proposals, whether papers,
performance or poster presentation, should reflect the critical engagement that
lies at the heart of DRHA.

The deadline for submissions has been extended to the  2nd May 2013. Abstracts
should be between 600 - 1000 words. Letters of acceptance will be sent by 2nd
of June 2013, when the conference registration will be opened.

For Further information please contact Dr Olu Taiwo at
olu.taiwo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:olu.taiwo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:olu.taiwo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:olu.taiwo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

Dr Olu Taiwo

Conference Convenor

Best wishes,
Franziska

dr  f r a n z i s k a    s c h r o e d e r

School of Creative Arts
Queen's University Belfast

Tel. 028 9097 1024
Email: f.schroeder@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:f.schroeder@xxxxxxxxx>