[dance-tech] Re: CFP - Forthcoming DRHA 2013 Conference - University of Winchester 21st-24th July

  • From: Susan Broadhurst <Susan.Broadhurst@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "athenews@xxxxxxxx" <athenews@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 11:50:30 +0000

Apologies for Cross Posting

CALL FOR PAPERS AND PERFORMANCES

Forthcoming DRHA 2013 Conference:

University of Winchester

DRHA 2013: Digital Research in the Humanities and Arts

Reconceptualising Digital Creativity; Re-mapping Behaviour,

Engagement and the way we Archive in the 21st Century;
Date: Sunday 21st July - Wednesday 24th July 2013

The theme of this conference will focus on the need to re-conceptualize the
ways in which we engage with digital technology in particular regard to the
speed with which we are exposed to new technologies. As societies around the
world face fundamental ecological, demographic and economic changes, we are
forced to re-evaluate our relationship with natural and digital resources.
Also, as the next generation of digital natives start to design new interactive
futures, the old paradigms of knowledge exchange, and social interaction are
making way for socialized gaming and crowd sourcing. The focus for this
conference will be to re-imagining new and contemporary ways for designing
digital engagement, looking at possible events and social practices that lay
just around the corner. Interdisciplinary processes are assumed strategies in
this conference so that we can focus on how we can, using contemporary
technology, map the emerging digital and social landscape

• Assess and engagement

• Managing the shift demographically from passivity to interactivity

• Digital Architectonics, designing the future

• Generating subjective and objective understanding through a performance
paradigm

• Digital mobility; imaging, GPS and mobile technologies

• Somatics; mapping interior spaces

• Open sources and social mediation

• Digital mapping of new theories and territories

• Holography and communication

• Blurring the boundaries between performances inside and outside

• Mapping liminal and liminoid structures in new digital rituals

• Access to digital archives of the preservation local and global knowledge

• Interdisciplinarity, interactivity and performance

• Using digital resources in collaborative creative work, teaching and learning
and scholarship

• Dance and interactive technologies

• Mapping new model of business with reference to sustainability

• Virtual worlds, virtual robots and the gaming industry
There will be a selection of papers from the conference, which will be
published in an issue of the peer reviewed journal BST: Body, Space &
Technology this year.
For over 10 years Digital Resources in the Humanities and Arts (DRHA) continues
to be a key gathering for all those are influenced by the digitization of
cultural activity, recourses and heritage in the UK. This includes: Scholars,
teachers, artists, publishers, librarians, curators or archivists who all wish
to extend and develop access and preservation regarding digitized information
rendered from contemporary culture and scholarship; the information scientist
seeking to apply new scientific and technical developments to the creation,
exploitation and management of digital resources.
Keynote speakers will include.

 1.  Janet H. Murray Professor - Graduate Program in Digital
Media<http://dm.gatech.edu/> MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt
from "www.lcc.gatech.edu" claiming to be School of Literature, Communication
and Culture<http://www.lcc.gatech.edu/> Georgia Institute of
Technology<http://www.gatech.edu/>

2. Johnny (Sue) Golding is the BIAD Professor of Philosophy & Fine Art and
Director of the
Centre for Fine Art Research (CFAR), The School of Art, Birmingham City

 1.  Robert Pratten co-founder and Managing Director at Transmedia Storyteller
Ltd
 2.  Dr Hugh Denard - Assistant Professor in Digital Arts and Humanities,
Trinity College Dublin

We invite original papers, panels, installations, performances, workshop
sessions and other events that address the conference theme, with particular
attention to the theme of ‘Re-mapping Behaviour, Engagement and the way we
Archive’. We encourage proposals with innovative and non-traditional session
formats.

Short presentations, for example work-in-progress, are invited for poster
presentations. Anyone wishing to submit a performance or installation should
visit the conference Website. Details will be posted soon on the conference
website
www.winchester.ac.uk/drha<http://www.winchester.ac.uk/research/attheuniversity/DRHA2/Pages/DRHA.aspx>

For information about the spaces and technical equipment and support available,
please check the website for details. All the proposals, whether papers,
performance or poster presentation, should reflect the critical engagement that
lies at the heart of DRHA.

Proposal to post on the Softconf website: https://www.softconf.com/d/drha2013/

The deadline for submissions will be 10th April 2013. Abstracts should be
between 600 - 1000 words. Letters of acceptance will be sent by 22nd May 2013,
when the conference registration will be opened.

Dr Olu Taiwo
DRHA 2013

Prof Sue Broadhurst,
School of Arts,