[dance-tech] Re: "Being in Relation" live webcast on dance-tech TV

  • From: "Johannes Birringer" <Johannes.Birringer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 20:44:08 -0000

Hello all

thanks for all the good, positive feedback we got (even prior to the event).....
and here is the recorded "dance tech TV IPS / Interactive Performance Series"
live from the Brunel/Center for Contemp/Digital Performance in London

 capture of the talk:
http://www.dance-tech.net/profiles/blogs/adrian-heathfield-being-in

(apologies for small glitch of 90 seconds with no sound)
everything else is there except the documentary photos of Tehching Hsieh's
performance with Linda Montano and the images Adrian showed of Abramovic/Ulay.
I ran a chat / commantary live during the talk, and thanks also to the
questions posed at the end,  *& thanks to Marlon for producing this.

enjoy

with regards

dear all:

following upon an invitation by producer Marlon Barrios Solano and dance-tech
TV,
we shall broadcast Adrian Heathfield's talk from London tomorrow,
and attempt therefore to make this Performance Research Seminar  --  from our
Brunel Centre for Contemporary and Digital Performance  -- available
to anyone in the world interested in the subject.  The one hour talk will be
webcast live  at:

http://www.dance-tech.net/profile/dancetechTV

on Wednesday , February 11,  at 16:oo  GTM
or  11 am  EST

 ::::::   ::::::

We hope this will be the beginning of a partnership that could also work on
other occasions, and create a live link between London and dance tech net.

dance-techTV is an online collaborative video broadcast channel dedicated to
interdisciplinary explorations of the performance of movement (developed via
http://www.mogulus.com/).

This channel will allow worldwide 24/7 linear broadcasting of selected
programs, LIVE streaming and Video On-demand.

dance-techTV content will be curated and selected from spacial collaborations
with our community. Collaborative broadcasting..., Marlon suggsets.
and i wish to thank him and dance tech net here for giving us this opportunity,

The contents of the Performance Research Seminar is posted below.

join us, or visit the archive,
enjoy

regards
Johannes

Subject: [dance-tech] Re: on relational aesthetics / :  Performance Research
Seminar :

i n v i t a t i o n   >

CENTER FOR CONTEMPORARY AND DIGITAL PERFORMANCE

Brunel University,
Uxbridge UB8 3PH
Cleveland Road, School of Arts Building

PERFORMANCE RESEARCH SEMINAR
&   INTERACTIVE PERFORMANCE  SERIES
winter 2009
http://people.brunel.ac.uk/dap/boiler09.html

Wednesday,  February 11, 2009
Research Performance Seminar

Gaskell Bldg 048    Drama Studio     16:oo

Adrian Heathfield
(Roehampton University)

<< Being in Relation>>

In this talk Heathfield discusses the aesthetics of duration and questions the
models of time through which performance art has predominantly been
interpreted. Taking as its starting point Tehching Hsieh and Linda Montano's
Art/Life One Year Performance (1983-1984) in which the artists were tied
together for an entire year without touching, Heathfield explores the question
of what it means to be in relation. Tracing this problematic back through the
co-ordinates of early performance art, the talk emphasizes the dynamics of
movement and affect inherent in such relations and their ethical import. This
reading then forms the ground for an interrogation of contemporary debates
around the cultural value of 'relational aesthetics'.

Adrian Heathfield is a writer and curator working on and in the scenes of live
art and performance. He is Professor of Performance and Visual Culture at
Roehampton University, London. His latest book, Out of Now: The Lifeworks of
Tehching Hsieh, is published by LADA and the MIT Press in March 2009.

Director, Center for Contemporary and Digital Performance
School of Arts
Brunel University
West London
UB8 3PH   UK