[dance-tech] Re: 'Audiences and cultural experiences in the digital age'

  • From: Johannes Birringer <Johannes.Birringer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 16:40:45 +0000

hello,
passing on the announcement of an event (to take place in London) that seems
related to our discussion:

Based on our previous communication, please find below the information of our
forthcoming workshop 'Audiences and cultural experiences in the digital age'
that is going to take place on Thursday 7th May 2015 at University College
London, UK.

Event link
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/audiences-cultural-experiences-in-the-digital-age-tickets-16381350059

Kind Regards,
Christina Kamposiori

PRESENTATIONS & INTRODUCTIONS
10.00am-12.45pm (with tea/coffee break)

Confirmed Speakers:
Dr Theano Moussouri, Lecturer in Museum Studies, Institute of Archaeology,
University College London (UCL)
Henrietta Simson, PhD Student, The Slade School of Fine Art, University College
London (UCL)
Juan Rojas, PhD Student, Anthropology, University College London (UCL)
Dr Cadence Kinsey, British Academy Postdosctoral Fellow, Art History
Department, University College London (UCL)

During the morning session, our invited speakers will set the scene around the
topic of the workshop. The last part of this session (approx. 30-45min.) will
be an opportunity for the participants to introduce themselves by briefly
explaining their work, interest and views on affective experiences and, if
relevant, any methods used to explore/ create / evaluate these experiences
through their research. The introductions are intending to prepare the group
for the activities of the afternoon session. The goal of the participatory
workshop, which will take place during the afternoon, is to explore the issue
of affect from a multi-disciplinary perspective. For that purpose, the
participants will be put into pre-selected groups according to their
research/interests.

LUNCH 12.45pm-13.30pm

PARTICIPATORY WORKSHOP
13.30pm-17.15pm (with tea/coffee break)

The areas we aim to cover through the workshop are:
information behaviour and online users
design process and production
cultural participation
experience within interactive environments on site and online,
methodologies and theories related to each theme.

We are aware that areas will overlap, but these themes aim to act as foci. We
call the workshop ‘participatory’ since we would like participants to bring
along their own topics and research interests. The group sessions are supposed
to offer participants the opportunity to explore these research topics from
multi-disciplinary perspectives by involving fellow group members in a
constructive dialogue. Participants are invited to bring examples from their
own work for the group discussion.

The ultimate purpose of the workshop will be to create a network of researchers
who are interested in the topic and to provide a platform for constructive
exchange. Furthermore, we intend to develop a report based on empirical issues
in researching affective experiences as they emerge during the workshop.