[CP] On the Philosophy of Teaching

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Myron Moskovitz <mmoskovitz@xxxxxxx>, CONLAWPROF <conlawprof@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 09:16:41 -0700 (PDT)

... one thing I would say about this is that the professor also has the duty to
put a little kerosine on the item that will hold the flame. You have to help
them get the flame going. But I do agree with the general premise that the
student cannot be passive in the relationship. You can place things into their
minds, but they have to ultimately do something with it. And the rare ones who
are especially good at it will end up placing something back in your mind
(making the matter reciprocal).

The person who has been most influential in my teaching philosophy has been
Wittgenstein.

(P.S. sent to Critical Politicology)

Regards and thanks.

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.