[ctw] Re: Timeouts after enabling TLS

  • From: Cory Rau <cory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:53:10 -0400

Bob,

Were you using the certs that came with ASSP or a legit one?

Thanks,
Cory

On Mar 30, 2009, at 8:35 PM, Bob Minor wrote:

Yes I had to turn it off as well but didn't have time to troubleshoot

On Mar 30, 2009, at 18:06, Cory Rau <cory@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Since I enabled TLS and confirmed that it seemed to be working nicely, I've noted that there are a large number of "connection timed out after 180 seconds" type errors in the ASSP logs. I'm using the self-signed certs included with ASSP. Could this be the problem? My intention was to get a legit cert from godaddy or somewhere. I first noticed this because one of our subsidiaries using Exchange and a godaddy cert was having intermittent difficulty sending to the parent company. As I looked deeper, it looks as though we've been timing out to a number of servers that I know are legit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw post: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
search: //www.freelists.org/archives/ctw