[ctw] Re: Planning to move to ASSP

  • From: Brian Harvey <caadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:08:19 -0500

on 3/12/09 8:18 AM, Cory Rau at cory@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> 1. ASSP has been great.

I think that I've come to the right place...so I'm planning to move from CA
to ASSP in the coming weeks.

Looking to replaced Counteragent, SimpleText Filter, Denes and all the DNSBL
filters. Also, looking at moving much of the filtering load away from EIMS
to ASSP.

If anybody would like to share their experiences, comments or suggestion on
how to moving a live EIMS server (100+ domains w/ 10,000+ emails per day)
and try to avoid any problems or mistakes.

Equipment located a colo facility:
MacMini G4 1.25GHz running 10.4.11
1 Gig RAM
EIMS 3.39
CA 2.10

Moving to:
MacMini 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo running 10.5.6
4 Gig RAM

Thanks,
Brian Harvey
Crazy Frog Communications